Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Sushi Soulmates

The key to good sushi is the right sake and the right person to share it. Admittedly, I used to find most sake too sharp and raw (no pun intended) for my taste buds. In Japan, I grew to appreciate the variations on the traditional.

Only last year when Osushi opened, however, did I discover momokawa asian pear sake. It is smooth and delightful. Last night, Tonya and I found out that we are sushi soulmates -- and paired the pear sake with the $6 rolls (that are *missing* from the menu) among others.

Like any other match in life, you often don't realize that it's been right in front of you all along. When Tonya and I ordered our sake (warm not cold) and maki (small not large), and even edamame (not salad) in sync, we knew we should've been doing this a long time ago.

No comments: