Tuesday, September 05, 2006

No More White?

Labor Day has now passed, but I may just go on wearing white. Fortunately, my weekend was namely about food, friends, and family and not really about fashion.

Eating outdoors about town under heat lamps is one of my favorite ways to dine. Friday night, Amy and Andrea and I enjoyed the luxurious, yet warm and authentic ambiance of Oleana's outdoor patio. I am not sure that we "partied like rock stars" in the traditional manner, but it was one quality evening out.

Following a dreary day of driving under cloudy skies, I was eating fresh salad and pesto noodles, drinking chai tea, and then enjoying traditional Burmese yams and curried chicken with Andi and Sarah (Sam wasn't really interested in trying any of that).

Sunday included a spinach and goat cheese omelet with egg whites (I tried!) at Oriole 9 (which we loved so much we went back to it) and chicken on a stick that afternoon with my cousins at the Craft Fair. We had Janet's homemade grilled veggie pizza that evening. Then, last night's "Budino" was phenomenal (albeit so rich that it was appropriately shared among six of us).

Like I said, there was a lot of food. Oh -- there was a little fashion that I found in Woodstock of all places. I finally tossed the worn out Reefs and upgraded to closed toe sporty black and whites!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yep, I'm echoing the sentiments of the wonderful food at Oleana. Fantastic company was enriched by the fabulous food and great outdoors of the terrace. Just as a heads up, there wasn't any sort of cover if it were to be raining, but what a lovely way to spend a fall evening.

I'm back with internet access, so watch out for the comment queen!!