Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Columbus Day

I want to salute Columbus for taking credit where credit was not necessarily due. His day was a good day, as was the entirety of the weekend that was all the more enjoyable because I knew it would be a long one.

There was fun in the sun -- on the roofdeck and at the 10k (kudos to Sandra and I). There was even greater fun after dark as I hit some of my favorite spots each night with some of my favorite people -- Tonic, Kashmir, Eastern Standard and Tapeo. Got to celebrate birthdays, too (Paul and Ruthie have almost caught up to me!). Big thanks go to Alison for helping me to finally get curtains up -- it was getting beyond ridiculous. Now, if I can just get to those light fixtures!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hoorah, sidekick is back. Nice job with the curtains. One of these days I'll get around to unpacking my boxes and move into my place.

And the origin of Columbus Day, I believe, was actually to give people a long weekend so they could go to the Columbian Exposition in Chicago (World's Fair 1892) and support the Fair. I don't really think it had to do with Columbus. Anyone else read Devil in the White City?? Anyone else read my comments??

Nice job on the 10K. I'm thinking about doing my first race...